Now’s the time to explore BC, and the quiet yet stunning West Kootenay region is well worth the drive. The north-south corridor along Kootenay Lake and between Nelson and Revelstoke features plenty of breathtaking scenery, iconic heritage towns, hot springs and memorable discoveries.Kootenay Cycling Adventures continues to specialize in guided and self-guided cycling tours. Our fully supported 3 day West Koot Loop tour will have increased sanitization at all rest stops and contact points, and our trusted accommodation and food partners are also taking every precaution to ensure safety. If you’ve been dreaming of a bike tour, the West Kootenays offer everything and more to make your trip memorable. Highlights include:
- Scenic winding waterfront and mountain roads (all paved)
- Overnight stays in charming mountain towns (Nelson, Kaslo and Nakusp)
- Fully supported tour including catered rest stops and hydration station
- Delicious meals at locally owned and operated independent restaurants
- Award-winning locally brewed craft beer and BC wines
- Relaxing hot springs near Kaslo and Nakusp (subject to covid-19 measures)
Self Guided Tours
If you’re more inclined to do your own self-contained tour, we can also help. Our fleet of high quality Surly Straggler bicycles can be set up with panniers or bikepacking gear depending on your taste. With sizes fitting cyclists from under 5′ to over 6′, our bikes are available to rent for $55/day, and touring gear for $20/day.
We can also set you up with our trusted accommodation partners and give you the inside scoop on where to ride and what to see as part of your rental package.
Popular loop rides include the West Koot Loop (218km) or Wild Kootenays Loop (406km). Both tours offer challenging and rewarding cycling with a combination of lush wilderness and welcoming mountain towns.
Whatever your preference, we can help you make the most of the summer. Pedal on!