Kootenay Cycling Adventures believes in responsible tourism and giving back to our environment. We support reforestation initiatives through our partnership with Tree Canada, planting a tree on behalf of every participant on a multi-day cycling tour.
Based out of Nelson, British Columbia, Kootenay Cycling Adventures is proud to support conservation efforts that help keep our environment healthy. Although cycling is an environmentally-friendly activity, we believe in going the extra mile to help make a difference.
We are also pleased to work with local suppliers and partners so that our guests get a true taste (pun intended!) of the area. Some of our efforts to support our local environment and community include:
- Small group sizes to limit our footprint
- Composting and recycling on every tour to reduce our garbage
- Staying at locally owned hotels and lodges and dining at independent restaurants that employ local residents
- Supporting guests on their pedal-powered cycling tour using only one vehicle
- Providing re-usable cups and mugs for water and hot beverages, and encouraging guests to bring their own water bottles. We do not use or supply disposable water bottles
- Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies