DAY TOUR: KOOTENAY LAKE MAGIC
This day trip has it all! Stunning waterfront cycling. World’s longest free ferry. Fully supported day tour. Shuttle service starting and returning to Nelson included.
This might just be the most spectacular road biking day trip in Canada. The road along the south arm of Kootenay Lake is pure bliss – rolling hills, winding turns, and huge views across the water to snow capped peaks. Reminiscent of the Sea to Sky Highway between Vancouver and Squamish, it has only a fraction of the traffic due to the road starting at a ferry landing.
This fully supported day ride allows you to savour the scenic route, travel light, indulge in refreshments and lunch at carefully chosen rest stops along the way, and enjoy a relaxing shuttle ride back to Nelson before dinner. No out and back here, just a leisurely one way ride that will take your breath away.
Guests are picked up downtown Nelson at 8:30am, and shuttled to Balfour in time for the 9:50am crossing. Once we land, you’ll be immediately challenged to the only real climb of the day before descending into the artisan town of Crawford Bay (shuttle service to the top of the climb is also available).
You’ll follow route 3A along Kootenay Lake, then past rich agricultural farmland in Creston, bounded by mountains on both sides. Up to 40km of additional cycling on traffic-free roads is also available!
- Tours include pick up and return transportation to/from downtown Nelson
- Meet in Nelson at 8:30am, return by 5pm
- Guaranteed departure with minimum of 2 participants
- Maximum 4 participants
- Includes lunch, snacks and refreshments
- Available Mondays, Tuesday & Wednesdays through cycling season. Contact us to arrange other dates, earlier departures, and larger groups
- 91km trip, 574m of elevation gain with only one climb
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older
- $225 per person
- Road bicycles ($55) and electric bicycles ($65) rental available